Where can a girl find another girl?

06 November 2010
The first thing I have realized is that it is really difficult to meet other lesbians in the IE. Yes, there is LA, but one can't be jetting out to the big city each week in search of love. There are a few limited choices in P-Town, The Hook Up and Alibi East. And then there's Oasis in Upland. Now, there is just something really weird about Oasis. The vibe there is just off. It's like every one there knows every one else but you. And they don't like you. I have yet to really have a good time there.

Another thing I have observed is that if you find yourself at a venue with a large percentage of gay men, there will be no lesbians in a 10 mile radius. What's up with that?! Is there an unspoken war of the gays that I am not aware of? Alibi East and Shits & Giggles at Club 740 have been examples of this oil & vinegar phenomenon. Although a good night out with the queens is always a good time, it would be nice to have some lady options as well. I'd like to give Alibi another try because it was a pretty neat venue and not too far from home.

The Hook Up was a pretty cool bar. Dark, stiff drinks but pretty quiet. I did have a bit of luck at this venue (more on that later) but I think I was lucky because I was the only other person in the place. I would like to go back and test my hypothesis.

What's nice about gay establishments is that the odds are that the women there are also looking for ladies. Being out and about in straight bars is a bit tricky. It's hard to tell who is what. You risk not only being rejected but also offending someone or worse. The odds are not likely dykely. I never thought finding others would be so hard.

So what's a girl to do? Any of you out there with advice, shoot me a comment. I'm obviously looking for love in all the wrong places and wold like some direction...

0 comments:

Post a Comment