First dates

19 November 2010
Ay! What is more awkward than a first date? I think it might take a close third to job interviews and pap smears. But at least on a first date you have the the hope that you are going to hit it off and connect with another person (as opposed to a pap smear where your only hope is that the speculum isn't going to be too cold this time). 

So I went on a first date last night with the woman who messaged me on Ok Cupid. I was soooo freaking nervous. My track record hasn't exactly been great and I wasn't trying to lose any more articles of clothing or dignity. And let me remind you that it has been nearly 8 years since I have been out on a date. I think I was more nervous for this date because I had spoken with this lady online and it felt like there was more at stake. It didn't help matters that I had drunk half a pot of coffee that day at work. So I was jittery as hell, sweaty palms and everything. But I was also hopeful. And I have to tell you, it was awesome being asked out.

So S. came out to Claremont and we went to a bar downtown. Things went okay but there was no zsa zsa zoo. As different as our lives and backgrounds were, the role each of us would play in the relationship was too similar. We were both more dominant, and that's like a battery with 2 positives. I did enjoy myself and feel like every experience just teaches me more about the person I am becoming and want to be. And it's always great to have more lesbian friends.

After chatting and enjoying a beer, the date ended uneventfully. And let me just say this, unless you are totally repulsed by another person, I believe you should always kiss at the end of a first date. It's like a reward for listening to the other person blabber on about themselves. Plus, it is a good indicator of chemistry. At the end of the evening, I did score a smootch, but in my opinion, that's like leaving a 15% gratuity. It's expected but you should always leave more ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment