Ok I was drunk - so I joined "Ok Cupid"

18 November 2010
The other night I was a bit tipsy and talking to my friend Banana. Great life coach as she is, she issued a challenge to me: Be talking to 5 girls by the end of the month. Never one to turn down a challenge, I accepted. But where would I find these ladies? As you might recall, my sister was encouraging me to join up on an online dating site and I was a bit hesitant. I knew Eharmony was not where I wanted to be and was really unsure what other sites would work out. 

But I am getting ahead of myself here...back to getting tipsy. I was out with my friend Sarina having a great time listening to some bad karaoke and drinking some tolerable $2.25 margaritas. We were discussing/lamenting the lesbian dating scene, trying to figure out where to meet some women. When I mentioned internet dating, she recommended Ok Cupid. Although she did not find her type of woman on the site, she saw enough to know that I would find many women of my type there. 

So, 4 cheap margaritas and a challenge later I found myself online and signing up for Ok Cupid. And let me just say, I LOVE the site! It is well designed, very different from any other dating site I have seen and FREE! The site is designed to ask you a bazillion questions (which can take up a lot of my free time at work - bonus!) and then it matches you with people who answer the questions similarly. It's not like Eharmony, the questions are super random and some are really funny. Another cool thing about the site is that it keeps a list of people who look at your profile - so you can peep on the people peeping at you. Your profile is also shown to others who you view. At first I thought this was weird, but now I really like it. Because I know people will know how many times I access their page, it helps me not to stalk people's pages like I do on Facebook. 

Another great aspect of the site is all the beautiful women! And even better, there are many near me! Yee-haw! Now, I am sure you all want to know how it is going...well, I haven't sent any messages yet but I am doing plenty of looking. I'm just not sure of what I should say as my opening line. If you want to suggest an opener, go ahead and comment. But in better news, I got a message from a lovely lady and it is going pretty well. After several messages I have managed to keep my awkwardness at bay. Maybe I will even get up the courage to ask her out. We'll see. But for now I am totally stoked on this site. Thanks to my sister and Banana and Sarina for giving me the kick in the ass, the challenge and the website recommendation.

PS After a week and a half, guess who texted me? Madeline - the one who stole my pants! Of course I don't want to be up in her business but now I think I win. Hmmm...I'm not sure but I somehow feel validated. Holler!

1 comments:

Anonymous Says:
November 19, 2010 at 9:28 AM

How do you represent the double trigger guns in words as your opener?

Post a Comment