Sacramento: The San Francisco for Lesbians?

15 November 2010
So I headed up north this weekend for a conference - and of course to party like a mad woman. I met up with my friend who lives in SAC, Dazzle. After picking me up from the airport, she let me in on a little secret...supposedly Sacramento is the San Francisco of lesbians! And to think, I was lucky enough to find myself on a free trip!

First of all, I have to give a major shout out to Dazzle! She picked me up from the airport, took me out for the most amazingly delicious cheeseburger I have ever had in my life at The Squeeze Inn and then took me out for a night on the town. This bitch is awesome! And check out this burger...yes, that is what they call a cheese skirt.





The trip started out fantastically. I got a crazy room upgrade and found myself in a bomb ass suite. Way to get the party started!! After enjoying some Go Girl! and vodka Dazzle, myself and her friend C headed out to what Dazzle called "a lesbian party." I was thinking to myself, "holy shit, can I just move to Sacramento right now?" Anyhoo, the party was pretty cool but unfortunately for Captain Awkward all the ladies were coupled up. But at least we got to catch some of that evening's boxing match.

Next it was time to hit the downtown scene. We went to Faces and then Badlands...or was it the other way around? Hmm...not sure. And yet again I found myself in a sea of gay men. WTF? Why are the gay men having all the fun? It's like I'm a gay man magnet. Ay! To tell you the truth, it was pretty late and I was pretty crunk by the time we were dancing it up at the clubs. I don't remember much, but I do remember having an awesome time dancing with Dazzle and C. I left the club empty handed - there would be no one to share my suite with....sigh. But overall, it was a great trip. 


So what's next? Obviously this bar/club thing is a lot more difficult that I had imagined. To top it off, my game is really rusty seeing that I haven't been in the dating scene for like 8 years. My sister says I need to stop messing around at these clubs and try internet dating. But I am not so sure I am ready to go that route. The thought of creating a profile on a dating site and really putting it out there is a bit scary. I'll definitely have to think about it. But in the meantime...I'm heading to Club Booty Trap on Sunday! Holler!



0 comments:

Post a Comment