My 24 hour date

19 January 2011
Although I had a really fun and exciting weekend, the best part, by far was my date with JC (not Jesus Christ) on Monday. I had been chatting with JC on OK Cupid and then we exchanged phone numbers. All last week we were texting back and forth. I thought she was really witty and fun and was really looking forward to meeting up with her (plus, she is a total fox!) Finally we decided to meet on Monday in Long Beach. And so began the most epic date of my life...

We met at 11:00 at the Aquarium. She suggested we meet there, which I thought was pretty awesome. It is really nice when someone else plans the date. We walked around for a while and talked and really hit it off. Next we went to lunch and then bowling and then just walked around by the water. We never ran out of things to talk about and I found her to be, well, awesome!! It was funny because neither of us wanted the date to end so we just kept coming up with things to do. Oh, and I should mention she also can't drink & drive so this marathon was completed SOBER. I mean, wow, this is a pretty big deal for me. I am not sure if I have ever been on a sober date. 

It was getting late so she offered that we could go hang out at her house. We headed over and then went to dinner. She then offered to let me stay the night so that we could have a couple of beers with dinner. I was more than happy to agree ;) After dinner we sat outside and talked around her fire pit. And you will never guess what, she ICED me! Haha. We had been talking about ICING (a game where you surprise someone with a Smirnoff Ice and they have to take a knee and chug it) earlier in the week. I thought this was hilarious. Then we ICED her cousin and then I ICED her back. It was awesome. 

Later we watched a movie and then hit the sack. And I just want all of you out there to know that I behaved myself. As we were settling in we agreed that we didn't want to mess anything up by going too fast. It was great to finally be on the same page with another person. But I will say, that there was plenty of cuddling. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to be close to another person like that. And especially after the phenomenal day we had shared together. I couldn't have asked for anything more fantastic.

So as you can probably tell, I am smitten with this girl. She is just so rad! She has a great perspective on life, is smart, wickedly funny, open, honest, artistic and totally hot. Annnnnnnd we have a second date planned. Behold! I have finally obtained a second date. I just can't get this girl off of my mind. She rocks!

Throughout the past few months I was really trying to get out there and meet as many new people as possible. I knew I had to talk to several people at the same time because I never knew which would pan out. But honestly, I am really not a person who can focus on more than one person at one time. It's just not in me. Once I start to like someone (and of course they reciprocate) my focus is on cultivating that relationship. If things continue to go well with JC I will more than happy to stop talking to other girls.

Speaking of other girls, I have that date with LOL tonight. I'm not really that jazzed about it. After going out with JC, I realized that the date I went on with LOL wasn't really that spectacular. She hasn't given me any indication that she is interested so it's not like I have to let her know that my focus is shifting. I am sure if I do not call her again, she won't be calling me. I also did not want to be a dong and cancel, because that is just rude. But I know the whole time I will have JC on the brain (I have had that girl on the brain non stop since yesterday!). And now I know some people will think that I shouldn't rush into anything and that I should continue to date multiple people. Well, I think those people should suck it. Haha. As crazy as it is, I think you have to go balls to the wall when it comes to love. You may get hurt, but you may also get an awesome payoff.

Yes, dear readers - Captain Awkward is falling in love. And it feels fucking amazing. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous Says:
January 19, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Good for you. Hopefully everything goes well with JC. I will pray to black Jesus for you.

Post a Comment