It's called a dating website - not a friend website!

10 January 2011
My newest pet peeve: People on dating websites who are just looking for "friends." Seriously, who does this?! If you are on a dating website, shouldn't you be looking to date people? I have come across a couple of people on OK Cupid lately who make statements about looking for friends because strong friendships make the best relationships, blah, blah, blah or that they are strictly looking for friends. Really? If you want friends, try meetup.com or something - but don't clutter the dating website world with your bullshit. I already have friends, ladies and am looking for someone to DATE. Yeesh!

I am actually getting kind of sick of OK Cupid. It really takes a lot of time and energy. I've been at it for about 3 months and haven't really hit pay dirt yet. I am thinking of taking a break from it for a while. But then again it is not like I am meeting people out and about. I went to The Hook-Up again last week with Cubano. It was pretty dead. There was not even one woman in the place! Later one did show up but she was pretty bitchy. I ended up with her number and tried to text her the next day. She continued to be a beeatch, so I just deleted the number. Oh well. Seems as if I am damned if I do and damned if I don't!

The weekend was pretty slow. I am anticipating next weekend because (*fingers crossed*) I think I might be going to Truck Stop on Friday night. Whee! The mecca of all that is beautiful and lesbian. I just hope the plans end up going through. I have heard so much about this place and can't wait to check it out. I am looking forward to the holiday weekend and the extra time off as well as the sea of beautiful ladies that are bound to be at Truck Stop. 


Annnnnd I have an LOL update for you. So I was on OK Cupid the other day (surprise, surprise) and was looking through matches. LOL comes up because she is a match and close geographically. When you are doing a match search they show you a picture and a blurb from the person's profile. LOL's blurb was from the "You should contact me if" section. Now keep in mind that I have not looked at her profile since our first date around Xmas because I don't want to look like a total stalker. Anyhoo, the blurb basically says that she is looking for people to hang out with but not for a casual hook up or a serious relationship and that she is a very friendly person and people often take that the wrong way. I had an, "Ah-ha!" moment after I read that. Obviously I was coming on way too strong. So I relinquished my obsession. I can truly say I do not feel as hung up on her as I did before. 

I was kinda buzzed on Sunday and so I figured I would give it one more shot. I texted her yesterday evening with a general, "how's your weekend" kind of a message. And she texted right back. We got into a conversation about softball and such so I invited her to the batting cages. She accepted. So now I have a 2nd date with her next week. Yes, a second date, people. Hopefully it goes well. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment